43Lbs. - 180 Lbs. Safety Release Latches
Safety latches are used to release pressure at a specific level to mitigate explosions and other workplace hazards. They can be used on the interior or exterior of a vessel, in vacuum applications, and can be combined for use on doors, vent panels or other large surfaces. Release latches are typically used in conjunction with alarm system and operate manually without the use of electricity.
Safety Latches for Applications with a Pressure Range Of 43 Lbs. to 180 Lbs.Brixon Manufacturing provides 43lbs.-180lbs. safety latches in various material options with a choice of different configurations to meet a range of heavy duty pressure application requirements. Special options include wide strike release latches for use with warped or irregular doors and an option of right handle, left handle or non-handle configurations. Our options for 43lbs.-180lbs. safety latches include:
- Series 3 Cast Aluminum Body
- Series 3 Cast Aluminum Standard Latch Strike
- Series 3 Cast Aluminum Handle
- Series 83 Cast Steel Body
- Series 83 Cast Steel Standard Latch Strike
- Series 83 Cast Steel Adjustable Latch Strike
- Series 83 Cast Steel Tall Latch Strike
- Series 83 Cast Steel Handle
- Series 83 Compatible Shims
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Body
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Latch Strike
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Adjustable Latch Strike
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Tall Latch Strike
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Handle
- Series 93 Stainless Steel Shims
Understanding Pressure Requirements for Selecting a Safety LatchNational Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Factory Mutual Global (FMG) have specific maximum pressure requirements for safety latch applications. NFPA 68 Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting is a great starting point. Always refer to all applicable codes, and regulations pertaining to your specific situation and municipality. In general, you should always choose the lowest practical setting to ensure safety and effective pressure control. It is important to adhere to the appropriate guidelines not only for workplace safety, but to ensure compliance under their industry standards.
Other considerations for choosing a safety latch include:
- Material weight of the safety latch
- Vessel construction.
- Resistance to heat, corrosion, or sparking
- Operating environment where the latch will be installed
- Substance volatility for the intended application
Request a Quote for Stainless Steel Pressure Release LatchesBrixon Manufacturing offers pressure relief latches in a range of material options including cast iron and stainless steel safety latches to meet a range of application requirements. Contact us today to learn more about available latch release options.
All price listings on our website are for US customers only. For European pricing, please contact: Cevac Limited | Tel: +44 (0)1403 786503 | Fax: +44 (0)1403 785422 | Email
Narrow Your Results By: